Posted by Dr. Richard Ng on 25 Sept 2011
Dear OUM Learners,
The Assignment question has been uploaded into your MyVLE. Kindly download and start preparing for the materials required.
To help you understand the assignment question and preparation, here are some tips:
There are three parts in this question. Part A Question:
Check what is required in the given Rubric as follows:
Here is an example to help you answer part (a):
To score full marks for Part (a), you must provide clear explanation and all steps must be shown clearly. Answer provided must also be correct using a 3 x 3 matrix.
For Part (b):
First, read the problems carefully and form three equations using variable x, y and z to represent price of Platinum, Gold and Silver respectively. Convert the problems into a 3 x 3 matrix and use Cramer's rule to solve it.
Here is the link on how to use Cramer's Rule: http://bbmp-1103.blogspot.com/2008/10/solving-equations-using-cramers-rule.html
All explanations must be given together with complete working for all the steps required in order to score full mark.
For Part (c):
Here you need to do 2 things - i) find the revenue for each month using matrix method as in part (a) and ii) you need to draw a graph to show the lines for cost and revenue.
Refer to Topic 3, break-even point. Find the the revenue from the break-even point.
Understanding the requirement based on ARAHAN KEPADA PELAJAR / INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS
1. Tugasan ini mengandungi SATU (1) soalan sahaja yang disediakan dalam bahasa modul bercetak kursus ini. / This assignment contains only ONE (1) question that is set in the language of the printed module for the course.
=> Assignment question is in English
2. Jawab dalam Bahasa Melayu atau Bahasa Inggeris. / Answer in Malay or English.
=> Answer in either English or BM
3. Muat turunkan templat tugasan versi bahasa yang berkenaan daripada MyVLE untuk penyediaan dan penyerahan tugasan anda. Tugasan anda hendaklah ditaip dengan menggunakan saiz fon 12 Times New Roman dan langkau baris 1.5. / Download the language version of the assignment template concerned from the MyVLE for preparation and submission of your assignment. Your assignment should be typed using 12 point Times New Roman font and 1.5 line spacing.
=> Use only Times New Roman 12 point font and 1.5 line spacing
4. Tugasan anda hendaklah antara 2500 hingga 3000 patah perkataan tidak termasuk rujukan. Bilangan perkataan hendaklah ditunjukkan di hujung tugasan anda. Jangan menyalin soalan dan arahan tugasan dalam jawapan anda. / Your assignment should be between 2500 to 3000 words excluding references. The number of words should be shown at the end of your assignment. Do not copy the assignment question and instructions to your answer.
=> No. of pages between 8 to 10
5. Anda dikehendaki menghantar tugasan SECARA ON-LINE melalui MyVLE. Sila rujuk kepada portal untuk arahan mengenai prosedur menghantar tugasan anda secara on-line. Anda dinasihatkan menyimpan senaskah tugasan yang diserahkan untuk rujukan sendiri. / You must submit your assignment ON-LINE via the MyVLE. Refer to the portal for instructions on the procedures to submit your assignment on-line. You are advised to keep a copy of your submitted assignment for personal reference.
=> You must submit through online. Your file can be .doc or .docx or .pdf
=> You can also use hand writing or type using Microsoft Equation Editor
6. Anda hanya boleh menghantar tugasan SEKALI sahaja dalam SATU fail. / You can submit your assignment ONCE only in a SINGLE file.
=> Make sure you have checked your file before sending
7. Tugasan anda hendaklah diserahkan antara 2hb November 2011 hingga 13hb November 2011. Serahan selepas 13hb November 2011 TIDAK akan diterima. / Your assignment must be submitted between 2nd November 2011 until 13th November 2011. Submission after 13th November 2011 will NOT be accepted.
=> Must submit your assignment between 2/11/11 to 13/11/11. DO NOT send last minute to avoid traffic jam
8. Tugasan hendaklah disiapkan secara individu. Anda dilarang meniru tugasan orang lain. Anda juga dilarang sama sekali memplagiat kerja orang lain sebagai kerja sendiri.
Your assignment should be prepared individually. You should not copy another person’s assignment. You should also not plagiarise another person’s work as your own.
=> DO NOT allow your friend to copy your assignment or DO NOT copy from your friend
1. You must submit using proper assignment format:
a) Title Page
b) Content Page
c) Answer to Question (a)
d) Answer to Question (b)
e) Answer to Question (c)
2. No need Introduction, Conclusion or References
3. All explanations on how you obtain the answers must be included in your assignment.
4. Working must show all steps involved
5. Make sure there is no spelling mistake
6. Working must be neat
It will be better if students can use Microsoft Equation Editor to type your working as it will save a lot of your time if you write it. There are a lot of copy and paste jobs.
To use Microsoft Equation Editor, you must first download the software available in Microsoft Word. The following link will show you how to use it: